Montgomery County Public Notice
Montgomery County Public Notice
September 13, 2018
All residents of Montgomery County who fall within the maximum income, resource, residency, citizenship, and household composition criteria established in the Montgomery County Indigent Care Program (MCICP) and Medical Assistance Program (MAP) Handbooks*, and who have no other equivalent public or private health care benefits, may be eligible for medically necessary health care benefits as mandated by the State of Texas pursuant to the programs and services offered by the Montgomery County Hospital District (MCHD).
Potentially eligible residents may include:
- US Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents age 18 and older;
- Those whose household composition makes them ineligible for Medicaid through the State of Texas;
- Adult males, non-pregnant females without minor children; married couples of either gender or any age who reside in Montgomery County;
- Those whose countable gross income minus work deductions does not exceed the maximum established Federal Poverty Income Level (FPIL) of 133% FPIL; and
- Those whose resource standards approximate the State of Texas’ TANF standards.
Eligibility determinations will be made within 14 (fourteen) days after the date a complete application and all the required documentation is received by MCHD’s Healthcare Assistance Program (HCAP) office.
A complete application will include but may not be limited to the following types of verification:
- Identification for each member of the applying household;
- Proof of marital status;
- Resources identification, to include automobile registration or title, property tax statement, savings account/CD statements, etc.;
- Proof of income or lack of income to include verification of support by friends, family or other sources, pay stubs, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/food stamp) award printout, self-employment records, etc.;
- Proof of County residency; and
- Proof of registration with Texas Workforce Commission (some exemptions may apply).
Applicants must provide all requested information and documentation in order to determine eligibility or applicant will be denied eligibility for HCAP assistance. Applicants have the right to appeal adverse decisions regarding eligibility. HCAP caseworkers will be available by appointment for purposes of verifying eligibility ONLY once the application and required documentation are provided.
Applications for HCAP are available for pick up at:
Montgomery County Hospital District – Administration Building
Health Care Assistance Program (HCAP)
1400 South Loop 336 West (First Floor)
Conroe, TX 77304
HCAP Office Hours
Monday – Thursday: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Friday: 7:30am – 11:30am
Phone: (936) 523- 5100 / Fax: (936) 539- 3450
Applications are also available by mail or fax upon telephone or written request to the number and address located above. Additionally, applications can be found on the HCAP website at www.mchd-tx.org by clicking on the HCAP tab at the top of the page.
MCHD does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, or gender in administering HCAP Plans to eligible residents.
*The most recent versions of the MCICP and MAP Handbooks are available online at www.mchd-tx.org