HCAP is designed to provide covered healthcare services to eligible, low income residents of Montgomery County who have no other public or private health care benefits. MCHD contracts for services with local physicians, hospitals and other providers.
Who is on our HCAP Program?
- 65% Female
- 71% Caucasian
- 78% Single (Divorced, separated, single, widowed)
- 42% live in Conroe
- 93% US Citizens
- 68% Unemployed
- 32% Retired and/or disabled
- Chronic Illnesses
- No Children or Pregnant Women
- Served 1,559 unduplicated clients last fiscal year
- Average of 595 active clients at the end of each month.
- Enroll an average of 120 clients per month (includes renewals and new clients) –
- Process average of 457 applications per month
- Residence – Must live in Montgomery County
- Income – May not exceed the minimum established Federal Poverty Income Level of 133%
- Resources – May not exceed $2,000 per month (or $3,000 if aged or disabled)
- Citizenship – US Citizens or Resident Aliens
- Medical Need – Must have a medical need of some kind
1400 S. Loop 336 West
Conroe, Texas 77304
HOURS: M-Thur 7:30AM-4:30PM
PHONE: (936) 523-5100
If you think you might meet the above criteria, please fill out the HCAP Application below or contact us at for more information.
Domicile Verification Form
Affidavit of Separation
Provider Information Form
MCHD Employer Verification Form
Self-Employment Verificaton Form