HCAP serves as the County Indigent Health Care Program for Montgomery County and is designed to provide covered healthcare services to eligible, low income residents who have no other public or private health care benefits. MCHD contracts for services with local physicians, hospitals and other providers. Please note that the HCAP program is not insurance.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Residence – Must live in Montgomery County
- Income – May not exceed the minimum established Federal Poverty Income Level of 133%
- Resources – May not exceed $2,000 per month (or $3,000 if aged or disabled)
- Citizenship – US Citizens or Resident Aliens
- Medical Need – Must have a medical need of some kind
How to apply for The Montgomery County Healthcare Assistance Program (HCAP)
- Fill out the application; DO NOT leave any blanks. HCAP Application PDF
- To expedite your application, please attach copies of information listed below.
- Mail or drop off your application with required documentation attached to: HCAP – 1400 South Loop 336 West, Conroe, Texas 77304
| PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION (for everyone in your household)
| PROOF OF RESIDENCE
| VERIFICATION OF OTHER ASSISTANCE
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Your application and documentation will be pre-screened by a caseworker.
- If there is any documentation needed to make a complete application, you will be notified by mail and asked to submit the additional information.
- Once your application is complete, we will complete the pre-screen process and notify you by phone or mail to set up an appointment. (We reserve the right to request additional information at any time during the application or interview process.)
- Should you case be denied, you will be mailed a denial letter.
|Montgomery County Indigent Care Plan Handbook|
|Medical Assistance Plan Map Handbook|
|HCAP Provider Directory|
|MCHD Provider Information Form|
Click on Conroe Connection for bus schedule and map.
1400 S. Loop 336 West
Conroe, Texas 77304
First floor, Suite 150